10-Minute Creamy Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 dill pickles, finely chopped*
- 1-3 Tbsp onion, finely chopped*
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped*
- 1/4 cup Notcho Nocheez™️
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
*If you are using a food processor, you don’t need to chop the pickles, onions, and celery finely – you can coarsely chop them and put them in a food processor. Pulse the food processor to “finely chop”. Then add the drained chickpeas and Notcho Nocheez™️ and pulse until mixed together. Don’t overprocess, unless you want the consistency to be very soft. You can also just mix in the Notcho Nocheez™️ by hand after you have the desired consistency of the veggies and chickpeas.
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a bowl and mash them up with a fork, potato masher or pastry blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
Serving Suggestions for Chickpea Salad:
- On a sandwich (cold or grilled)
- Open face on a sandwich with your favorite vegan cheese, broiled to make a “chickpea melt”
- On your favorite crackers
- On a crostini or hard bread
- In a lettuce wrap
- On a bed of your favorite green salad
- In a soft tortilla shell (grilled or not)
- In a hard-shell taco with lettuce & tomato
- On a baked potato
- Right out of the bowl – sometimes you just need a quick snack!